TELL ME HOW I CAN HELP YOU!
DO YOU FEQUENTLY RESORT TO YELLING AT YOUR CHILD?
Here are five simple strategies to creating greater calm and ease in your home.
FEEL OVERWHELMED WHEN your child ACTS OUT?
You need my FREE steps to Calm & Connected cheat sheet to put on your fridge NOW!!
DO YOU WANT CLEAr, SpECIfic & SIMPLE TOOLS?
Here are three specific parenting tools to help you invite your
WHAT IS A CHILDPROOF PARENT?
As parents we childproof our environment to make the world safe for our children. We do this because our children don’t know what they don’t know about how to keep themselves safe, physically, mentally, and even emotionally.
This principle applies to the parent in the same way. We get to be safe, too. In the parent’s case, we get to ensure that our whole self is cared for, even though we now have children. We also get to shore up the skills needed to help cushion us from what our children bring us.
Childproof parents simultaneously empower and preserve themselves as individuals while raising happy, healthy, respectful, and responsible children.
CHILDPROOF PARENTING is about you and you as parent.
The proven, easy to follow process for creating the relationship you want with your child, so you can go from chaos and confusion, to confident and connected.
SEVEN DAY PARENTING EMAIL cOURSE
THIS FREE 7-DAY EMAIL COURSE WILL HELP YOU TO START
BECOMING THE PARENT YOU WANT TO BE BY FOCUSING
ON REGULATING YOUR EMOTIONS AND USING EMPATHY.
This email course is for you if you're ready to stop yelling & nagging
and start connecting using evidence-based tools and strategies.
"Melissa’s course made our family a calmer, happier, more fun
place to be. The principles were easy to grasp, but it was the practical, real-world approach that was transformative. I learned simple, step-by-step techniques that changed my parenting, and was delighted at the immediate improvement in my kids' behavior! I felt confident about how to approach any parenting situation – setting boundaries became straightforward, leaving our family with the energy to focus on the fun part of having two little kids!” -Gillian, mother of 2 busy kiddos
"I found this course late at night, struggling to juggle between family, 2 girls and community responsibilities. The course has changed the way I experience myself as a partner, mother and parenting. I gained confidence in my parenting that played a crucial part in raising children with empathy, self awareness and compassion." -Anat, mother of Liel and Naomi
"When I signed up for Melissa's course I was in a bad place. I was not taking care of myself and I needed to learn how to do that better. Her course taught me that in order for me to be my best-happiest self, I need to make myself a priority. One year later I have made myself more of a priority. As a result, I am a happier person, wife, and mother." -Karen, mother
WHAT IS...CHILDPROOF PARENTING??
Childproof Parenting is a self-paced six-week, online parenting program that will give you empirically proven, actionable help to transform your relationship with your child and home life… without the time and cost of a private coach or therapist.
Melissa has spent thousands of hours working with children and families from all walks of life. She is both a Certified Positive Discipline Educator and Certified Gottman Educator in addition to being a licensed therapist. Her teaching is practical, proven, and if you put in the time and do the work … transformative.
Parenting expert for the media....
This program is for you if you want to:
* End conflict, avoid power struggles & stop nagging
* Learn to parent without fear, confusion or anxiety
* Create a stronger relationship with your child
* Respond calmly with clarity and intention
* Reduce crying, whining and tantrums
"The first few "groundwork" modules were every bit as valuable to our family as the discipline ones. They facilitated many meaningful discussions that helped us become a stronger team. The length and content of the modules were perfect and well presented. The style made the content easy to understand and the specific examples made it easier to see how the approaches translate to an actual situation."
Adrienne, parent of two
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE COURSE?
The Childproof Parenting course is designed to help you develop a parenting plan that builds your confidence, allows for more ease and fun at home, while inviting your child's cooperation.
You will learn the tools and information needed to avoid and handle any parenting challenge.
The program includes simple tools and techniques, video lessons and trainings, a workbook and worksheets, handy tips, live calls and an online community to keep you inspired and motivated.
LIVE Q & A
Starting With YOU
- Getting Aligned And Setting Intentions For Your Parenting And Your Family
- Getting Clear About Where YOU Get Your Energy and Where YOU Invest Your Energy?
- Skills To Setting Healthy Priorities And Working Towards Balance
- Building Your Wellbeing Checklist And Putting It Into Action
- Examining Your Relationships After Becoming A Parent
- Changes During The Transition To Parenthood
- Skills YOU Need To Build Your Emotional Bank Account
- The Importance Of Expressing Needs
- Getting Clear On How To Ask In Order To Get What YOU Need
Child Development 101
- What Is Your Child Doing? Looking At Behaviors, Skills and Communication
- Why Is Your Child Doing These Irrational Things? Examing What Is Developmentally Appropriate For Children And Understanding What Is A Realistic Expectation
- Identifying The Role And Importance Of Play In Your Child's Development
- The Process Of Clearing The Way For Play In Your Family
Childproof Parenting Tools & Strategies I
- Introduction To Discipline- What It Is And What It's Not!
- Examining The Differences Between Discipline and Punishment
- Methods To Create Greater Calm & Connection For You And Your Child
- Tools and Strategies To Inviting Your Child's Cooperation
Childproof Parenting Tools & Strategies II
- Identifying The Small Changes, That Result In Big Outcomes
- How To Utilize Tools and That Allow You To Be More Clear and Consistent
- Using Communication Techniques That Encourage Your Child To Cooperate
- How To Formulate & Use Consequences That Teach So Your Child Learns From Their Mistakes and Can Make A Better Choice Next Time Or Repair
Emotion Coaching 101
- Examining Your Natural Parenting Style And Your Ideal Parenting Style
- Identifying The Benefits of Emotion Coaching
- Learn And Apply The Five Steps of Emotion Coaching
- How To Use The Five Steps of Problem Solving
Wrap Up & Reflection
- Reflecting On The Work And Progress You've Made!
- Acknowledging Yourself and The Changes In Your Home
- Identifying Next Steps In Your Parenting Journey
Why Melissa & the Childproof Parent Approach?
Quite Simple: She has been teaching it for years, and parents like you are seeing results!
"Melissa's knowledge, style, and teaching methods were great. I really loved the "fill-in-the-blank" handouts she used. I took lots of notes and will continue to go back and review both my notes and the videos! I'm glad that we have lifetime access because I know that I will revisit the material."
Rebecca, mother to a littge girl going through a princess phase
WITH CHILDPROOF PARENTING SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE YOU WILL BE ABLE TO:
Wake up feeling ready for the day ahead because you are empowered as a parent.
Have a clear vision and plan for creating a better family experience.
Let go of blame and punishment, knowing that mistakes are simply wonderful opportunities for learning.
Understand what makes your child do and say the things they do, so when they do that irritating THING, you respond with kindness and not react out of frustration or anger.
Develop the skills to parent so your child WANTS to cooperate.
Enjoy spending time together with your child more often than not.
"After reflecting on the values we would like to nurture in our children during our class, Melissa then asked us to make a list of all the things our children do that drive us crazy. And as we stared at that frightening list, Melissa shared something I will never forget: "In each of these upsetting behaviors is an opportunity to nurture those values." Melissa is uniquely skilled at helping parents find solutions to the many challenges of raising children while always keeping that bigger picture in mind.
Blake, Father to Gemma
"This program provided me with effective tools to parent my son. My son responded almost immediately to even small changes in how I approach our interactions. I am a happier and calmer parent as a result and frequently refer back to the program materials when I need a personal "mini-refresher". Melissa has great energy and a wealth of parenting knowledge that I'm truly grateful to have tapped into."
Colette, Mother to a sweet boy
BUY THE BOOK!
THE CHILDPROOF PARENT INTRODUCES FIVE EASY RESPONSES THAT FIT ANY SITUATION FOR ANY AGE CHILD - REALLY! THIS BOOK REMINDS PARENTS THAT BEING YOURSELF IS THE BEST GIFT YOU CAN GIVE YOUR CHILDREN. IT'S NOT JUST FOR PARENTS; THIS BOOK IS PERFECT FOR STEP-PARENTS, GRANDPARENTS, AUNTS, UNCLES, OR ANYONE WHO HAS CHILDREN IN THEIR LIFE. Available for purchase on Amazon